Hey bloggers! Hope you all are doing well.
In my last post, which was the summary of the book Who Moved My Cheese?, we saw how Haw overcame his fear of change. He decided to change with the situation (though a little later) and was successful in finding New Cheese. In the process, he learnt many new things. His new beliefs encouraged new behaviour.
These are the following things that Haw wrote on the walls of the maze
- Having cheese makes you happy.
- The more important your cheese is to you the more you want to hold on to it.
- If you do not change, you can become extinct.
- What would you do if you weren’t afraid?
- Smell the cheese often so you know when it is getting old.
- Movement in a new direction helps you find new cheese.
- When you stop being afraid, you feel good!
- Imagining yourself enjoying your new cheese leads you to it.
- The quicker you let go of old cheese, the sooner you find new cheese.
- It is safer to search in the maze, than remain in a cheeseless situation.
- Old beliefs do not lead you to new cheese.
- When you see that you can find and enjoy new cheese, you change course.
- Noticing small changes early helps you adapt to the bigger changes that are to come.
Haw summarized what he had learnt and wrote it on the wall.
The handwriting on the wall
Change happens They keep moving the cheese
Anticipate change Get ready for the cheese to move
Monitor change Smell the cheese often so you know when it is getting old
Adapt to change quickly The quicker you let go of old cheese, the sooner you can enjoy new cheese
Change Move with the cheese
Enjoy Change! Savor the adventure and enjoy the taste of new cheese!
Be ready to change quickly and enjoy it again and again They keep moving the cheese
So, this was all about the book. Hope you enjoyed and learnt things that will help you deal with change in your work and in your life.
And yes…Check out this site below for book reviews and much more.